Volunteer Mentors aged 21+ act as positive role models to help young people aged 16-24 supported by Llamau. They will motivate young people to access employment, training and volunteering opportunities, and to engage in social/ online activities.
This opportunity is currently remote until COVID restrictions are removed.
- Encourage young people to participate within activities in their community and online
- Encourage young people to access employment, training and volunteering
- Accompany young people to attend activities
- Accompany young people to appointments i.e.- careers, college open days, virtually
- Share your skills and interests with the young people i.e.-sport, craft, music
- Support young people to share their plans and goals
- Promote the value of positive lifestyle changes to the young person
We are looking for mentors who have an interest in the needs and welfare of young people. Also the ability to relate to and engage with young people.
Time commitment: A suggested time commitment is 1 - 2 hours each week. Available Monday - Sunday am/pm. Days and hours are negotiable with the organisation.
Expenses reimbursed: Out of pocket expenses are reimbursed.
Training provided: Full training is provided.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion, 2 references and a disclosure and barring check (cost met by organisation).