You would be aged 16+ and assist visitors to overcome feelings of bewilderment and apprehension with the new health and safety guideline. Providing information and reminding visitors to maintain compliance with our visitor’s policy, social distancing, hand hygiene and the visiting considerations checklist.
- Welcome staff and visitors to the hospital and advise of the process for entering the site
- Provide up to date information in relation to the UHB visitor’s policy
- Remind visitors of the UHB’s visiting considerations checklist’
- Direct visitors to the location as required or through the appropriate pathway
- Escalate identified issues or questions to the appropriate support
- Remind visitors of wearing masks, social distancing and hand hygiene procedures
- To help answer appropriate queries
- To liaise with the Portering Service if someone needs to be pushed in a wheelchair to a ward or clinic
This opportunity takes place at designated entrances at hospital sites within the university health board.
Time commitment: A suggested time commitment is 4 hours per week, either a morning or afternoon, available Monday – Friday, days negotiable with the organisation.
Expenses reimbursed: Travel expenses are reimbursed
Training provided: Full training is provided as is support and supervision.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion, 2 references, an occupational health check and a disclosure and barring check (cost met by organisation).