Volunteers aged 16+ will be supporting and assisting with the co-ordination of the exchange of patient property to and from families to the ward entrances and responding to task requests from the Patient Experience Support Workers.
- Support with the co-ordination of patient property: collection, sorting and delivery to/from ward entrances from family drop off/collection points
- Take and maintain accurate records of patient property and appropriate details
- Ensure GDPR and confidentiality is adhered to at all times as well as Infection Prevention and Control Measures and Covid-19 specific current guidelines
- Escalate identified issues or questions to the appropriate support
- Liaise with the Portering Service if someone needs to be pushed in a wheelchair
- Respond to requests made by the Patient Experience Support Workers (e.g. collection of donated toiletries)
- Be on standby to help patients and staff with nonclinical tasks within the role
This opportunity takes place at University Hospital of Wales (UHW) and University Hospital Llandough (UHL)
Time commitment: A suggested time commitment is 2 - 4 hours per week, 10 – 2pm. UHW is Monday, Wednesday or Friday. UHL is Tuesday or Thursday. Negotiable with the organisation.
Expenses reimbursed: Travel expenses are reimbursed
Training provided: Full training is provided as is support and supervision.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion, 2 references, an occupational health check and a disclosure and barring check (cost met by organisation).