We are looking for Volunteer Safeguarding Officers aged 18+ to help with the protection of our vulnerable children, adults and volunteers.
Barry Beavers helps people of all ages and disabilities to learn swimming therapy in a safe and happy environment.
The role will require:
- Attending weekly pool sessions on Saturday 3.30pm to 5pm at Barry Leisure Centre. Can also including other club activities, such as Galas, Summer trip, Christmas Party
- Occasional work investigating incidents outside of normal club sessions
- Keeping accurate records and updating the incident book
- Maintaining Safeguarding Training records
- Providing refresher training to all volunteers twice per year
Confidentiality is required for all members and volunteers.
Time commitment: A suggested weekly time commitment is a few hours, negotiable with the organisation.
Travel expenses: Unfortunately, travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
Training provided: Full training is provided.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion, references and a disclosure and barring check (cost met by organisation).