Are you looking to for something to do? Do you want to help a cause you have a passion for?
Why not help out in one of the charity shops across the Vale. All are looking for volunteers to help them.
Typical tasks can include:
- Steaming the clothes
- Colour coding hangers/hanging areas
- Unpacking and sorting the clothes and bric a brac
- Pricing clothes and items
- Serving customers, taking cash and providing good all-round customer service
- Helping with window and shop displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public
By helping your chosen charity shop cause, it is also a fantastic way to help to feel a part of the community, build your confidence, develop a network of friends in your local community and also improve your CV.
Time commitment: A suggested weekly time commitment is a few hours, negotiable with the organisation.
Travel expenses: Some charity shops will reimburse a travel expense.
Training provided: Full training is provided.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion and references.