MaDCaff is a Disability Arts Cymru project that organises pop-up cafes, open mic events to provide opportunities for people affected by mental illness to showcase their musical talents and support others to do the same. Volunteers can help with:
- Marketing: to create marketing in advance of each event
- Performer Recruitment: To find people within the local area who might want to perform at the event
- Café Stockist: to arrange in advance for there to be enough food and drinks for the café
- Café Crew: to set up and run the café including cash handling and clearing up after the event
- Compere: Keep a list of who want to perform and introduce each act
- Documentary at the event: To take stills/videos at the event and Livestream f possible
- Documentary – post event: To edit and upload images and video to website
- Blogger – post event: to write up a review of the event, liaise with the person editing the still and video and edit them into the review so each act’s image appears alongside their review
Time commitment: As and when an event take place.
Expenses reimbursed: Out of pocket expenses are reimbursed.
Training provided: Full training is provided.
Selection procedures: An informal discussion, application form completion and references will be required.
Please provide the name of the organisation and opportunity title if you are interested in this opportunity. Please contact us using the form below.