What is ReBUILD?
ReBUILD is a new project funded by the National Lottery Community Fund to support people, living in the Western Vale, into volunteering to help rebuild their confidence, self-esteem and reduce isolation.
Why ‘Wellbeing through Volunteering’?
Research shows that many people face barriers to volunteering because of mental ill health. This may be because of:
- Low confidence and/or self esteem
- Feeling isolated or anxious about group/social settings
- A lack of motivation
- Not knowing where to start
ReBUILD recognises this, so we can tailor our work to meet any specific needs that people have in preparing for volunteering.
Volunteering makes people feel healthier, happier, lifts their mood and gives them a sense of purpose in life and a new way forward. There are so many benefits volunteering can bring:
- It’s good for physical and mental wellbeing
- It helps people to meet new people and make friends
- It gets people out and about, helps to make people less lonely
- It helps people build their confidence to do new things
- It gets people into a routine and structure for their days
- It helps people to learn new skills that could build self esteem
- It offers new opportunities for people to achieve and contribute through something they enjoy
- Its helps people to achieve their potential and that of others in the wider community
……..Have some fun along the way
All of this is great for a person’s physical and mental wellbeing. That’s why we want to make sure people have a good experience. We will spend time with the person at the start, assisting them to find a volunteering opportunity that they will find interesting and beneficial.
How to get involved
If you are living in the Western Vale (anything west of Barry) and are living with mental ill health then fill out the ReBUILD referral form below. Once the ReBUILD team have received your form, we will contact you to arrange a chat about the project. If you feel ReBUILD is a good fit, you’ll be asked to fill out a brief application form and choose which pathway to volunteering you’d like to take.
Pathway ONE - Let’s get you volunteering with a bit of support on the way.
Pathway TWO – Take part in the Build Up To Volunteering Workshops, this will help you to break down some of the barriers preventing you from volunteering and help you to build your confidence so that you feel volunteer ready.
If you live in the Western Vale and have lived experience of mental ill health, then we would love to hear from you. If you are an organisation or voluntary group who provides support to individuals, then you can contact us to make a referral, with the individual’s prior consent. The process is straightforward as we want to make it as easy as possible for people to access ReBuild.
Contact the ReBuild Team either call 01446 741706 or complete the form below.