Improve your skills through GVS’ support
Glamorgan Voluntary Services (GVS) offers an extensive range of training courses and briefing sessions. Sessions are charged at very reasonable rates and those on offer include:
- Being a Trustee - The Essentials
- How to organise and run your AGM (Annual General Meeting)
- An Introduction to Data Protection (including GDPR)
- Get Ready to Tender
- Taking Minutes
- Recruiting, Selecting and Managing Volunteers
- Supervision and Appraisal of staff - an introduction
- Introduction to Sustainable Funding
- Get Fit for Fundraising
- Get Ready for Grant Funding
- Social media for beginners training session
- How to use Twitter workshop
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) 1 day course
GVS can also design courses specific to your needs and deliver them to an entire team on a mutually agreed date.
To book the sessions please visit Eventbrite www.eventbrite.com/o/gvs-glamorgan-voluntary-services-15179400181 or contact GVS.
Other sessions include:
- Get Ready to Tender
- Partnership Working – Is it for you?
- DBS Checks & Safer Recruiting
- Trustees - Automatic Disqualification - The New Rules
- Making Every Contact Count briefing session
- How to raise funds (for your charity) using Facebook
- A guide to the # and @ in Twitter (Briefing Session)
- Setting up a Facebook page beginners workshop
- Setting up a personal Facebook Account – 1-2-1 practical session
Additional IT 1-2-1 based courses (delivered by GVS)
GVS is offering computer based IT training in Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher and Access on a 1-2-1 basis. The price of this training for a three hour session costs from just £30 per delegate (up to a maximum of £50 depending on your group’s income). Please contact GVS before enclosing your fee. IT training can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Additional IT 1-2-1 based courses (delivered by an external trainer)
GVS is able to offer additional courses for its members delivered by a local trainer. The course being offered is an Introduction to Microsoft Excel. The course fees are £60 for 3 hours per delegate.
BOOKING AND PRICES
All prices detailed above are GVS member rates; please contact GVS for non-member rates. If you would like to book on any of the courses that doesn't have an eventbrite booking link, either contact GVS using the form below, e-mail us or telephone: 01446 741706 unless otherwise stated.