We have the following opportunities available.
Visitor Reception volunteers - give visitors a warm welcome and information, you’ll brighten up everyone’s visit even on the rainiest day! Available on a Saturday and Sunday am/pm available. You will:
- provide a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors, as the public face of Dyffryn and the National Trust
- develop a good knowledge of Dyffryn House and Gardens, its stories and what it has to offer so that all visitors receive accurate and relevant information to enhance their visit
- learn about and promoting the benefits of membership to encourage people to join
- get to know the processes for enrolling new members, like direct debit or card payments, and setting up subscriptions
- help if people ask, and think about the best routes around the property, according to people's needs
- be the first point of contact for all visitors to the site, including giving short welcome/orientation talks to coach groups
Retail Volunteers - help with the smooth running of Dyffryn's shop. They love chatting to visitors and helping them find just the thing they’re looking for while helping us achieve our sales targets, so everyone’s happy! Available on a Wednesday am/pm. You will:
- be a friendly face and making every visitor feel welcome
- become familiar with Dyffryn House and Gardens so that you are able to answer visitor questions
- handle cash and put sales through the till
- keep the shop clean and tidy, re-stocking displays, pricing up items and helping to process delivery
- be aware of any security risks, and raising any concerns you have with staff
- follow the National Trust's health and safety and evacuation procedures
Full training is provided and travel expenses are reimbursed.
An informal discussion and completed application form will be required.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us using the form below and quote the vacancy.