We are looking for volunteers aged 18+ to assist homeowners/tenants over the age of 60 plus to clear and pass on possessions into the community and to reminisce and share memories that their personal possessions may evoke.
Tasks include to:
- Befriend the homeowner / tenant
- Help and advice beneficiary's to make an informed decision over what they would like to do with their possessions
- Listen empathetically and to record stories when appropriate
- Find ways of storing precious objects in an easy and accessible way
- Appropriately keep a written record of the items being moved and where they will be going
- When appropriate - research background information on important events to help improve the reminiscence experience
A suggested time commitment is 2 hours per week, negotiable with the organisation.
Full training is provided and travel expenses are reimbursed.
An informal discussion, references and a disclosure and barring check will be required. Ref 155
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us using the form below and quote the reference number.